Living in the fabulous neighborhood I do, we always are having get-togethers. We were invited to a St. Patrick's day celebration, so I thought I would make something yummy to take over there. On pinterest yet again, I stumbled upon a recipe for these "bars" using Bailey's Irish Cream. These were a lot more cake like then I thought they would be, but perfect. Sweet, but yet a little salty thrown in there. In keeping with the St. Patty's day theme, I sprinkled a little light green sugar on top which make them have a little sparkle.
While baking, my home smelled WONDERFUL! I will definitely keep this recipe.
For the cake:
1 package of yellow cake mix
3 large eggs
3/4 cup Bailey's Irish Cream
1/3 cup canola oil
For the swirl:
1/2 cup of the cake batter from above
6 ounces of cream cheese
6 ounces of white chocolate chips
1/2 cup Bailey's Irish Cream
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees
2. Grease a casserole dish or cake pan
3. Combine the cake mix, eggs, Bailey's and oil, and mix until fluffy.
4. Set aside 1/2 cup of batter, then pour into prepared pan.
5. In a mixing bowl, combine 1/2 cup cake batter, cream cheese, and Bailey's. Whip until fluffy then fold in the white chocolate.
6. Drop large spoonfuls on top of the cake mixture.
7. Take a fork and swirl throughout the batter to make a marble-like effect
8. Bake for 25-30 minutes.
9. Cool & cut into squares and enjoy!